I am trying to get back in the swing of things with my blog. Or should I say something creative that involves a hop?
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Singing in the Rain
I love old classic musicals. Singing in the rain was on today and I will never get tired of watching it. They don't make movies like that any more. Movies now a days have unrealistic car chases, naked people, make believe monsters or special effects that are so far out there you no longer know what is real or CGI. Now don't get me wrong...that stuff is amazing, but I think we forget that it is not all necessary to make a good movie. The classics are still alive and all they used to create them was just good old fashion film making. There are real people in costumes in one big sound stage singing and dancing and being taped. They perform for long continuous shots and the people acting are incredibly talented. Oh....when times were simpler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Some of my favorite old movies:
Singin' in the Rain
Breakfast at Tiffany's
From Here to Eternity
Funny Face
They certainly don't make then like they used to.
"Movies now a days have unrealistic car chases, naked people, ..."
HOLD UP: what's wrong with naked people? :)
Two more I would add...
12 Angry Men
On the Waterfront
I'll be a voice of dissent and say that i prefer modern movies, but usually not the type that have car chases. i love the epic classics like ten commandments, ben hur, and lawrence of arabia. But of the lighter fare, i'd add Roman Holiday and State Fair to the list.
(the deleted comment was typo-riffic)
Post a Comment