I spent Thanksgiving with my family in Austin Texas. It was good to see everyone and we did a lot of sleeping and relaxing!!
My older sister and brother in law are very healthy people and will most likely outlive me . We had a free range Turkey. (He only had one bad day in his life), went to a vegetarian restaurant for dinner, went to 'Whole Foods', and had Humus. I like to describe them as Preppy Granola. They are very aware of what they are putting in their bodies and where it came from and how it was grown - that is the Granola part.
But they take showers.....they don't have dreadlocks, and they wash their clothes after they wear them. :) My sister is also a big fan of M&Ms so Bob teases her that she is getting her vitamin M for the week.
This visit I learned two things. Grapes are one of the big bad 10. (or something like that....They are a really bad fruit to eat because they are pretty dirty). I'll have to look into that because I love grapes. Two - I like Humus. I was always afraid of it....Just never really wanted to try it. Well, I did try it and found out it was just Chick Peas ground up with sunflower seeds. Two things I eat anyway. I even got a recipe and plan on making it this weekend.
Yeah for new adventures
4 comments:
Preppy granola - just like Nate! Let me know how your hummus turns out... he tried to make it once, and it was basically cement. It almost took out our blender. Anyway, if you can get it to work, he'd love to know how.
Yea for preppy granola -- i can even send you our homemade granola recipe if needed :)
Here is a link to the "dirty dozen" - fruit and veggies to buy organic if possible.... just did a google search on this...
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13737389/page/2/
Ooooh. I love hummus..
Can I have that recipe please?
Hope you had a good vacation!!! I know you missed the plant terribly.
Is that all hummus is? Hmm, I knew about the chick peas, but that's it.
Yea for your sister!! Dana and I are trying to get back into some of the granola life we learned while living in california. We had a decent garden this year and plan to expand next year. There's nothing like a fresh, warm tomato right from your own back yard!
Post a Comment