Thursday, December 11, 2008

flexible trees

In case anyone is wondering...when the wind blows at 40mph, pine trees that are 4 stories tall, bend.

I don't like storms. I have gotten much better at thuderstorms and no longer find the flashlight and make sure the crawls space is open everytime I see lightning. I used to know what channel to turn to and where to look on the map to see if I was in danger of bad weather.

Tonight was a bit different....I am sitting home alone and hear a very loud woshing sound and I think my front door is going to blow open. I realize that I have no idea if Georgia (Or my town) has tornado sirens. I then realize I have no idea what chanel the 'local' news is on. I then realize I don't know what my county look likes on a rador map. I look out the window and see the pine trees sawying back and forth...wind pushing pine trees is differen than wind blowing through maple trees. I flip on the TV and find the weather channel. It states in a friendly electronic voice that our forcast is for 30-40mph winds tonight. I flip around on some of the news chanels and don't see any warnings so I guess I'll be okay.

I guess that means I won't blow away and it's safe to take a shower. I just wont spend a lot of time reading this time.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Katie is not only scared of storms, but just plain ol' rain.