So..I have been traveling a lot, but through the same airports. Today, we went to Jacksonville FL and saw a very smart advertising choice. I stood at security getting ready to disrobe and go through security and I look in the bottom of the tub. It says "Phew, You wore your good socks today!" and it was an advertisement for ZAPPO's (a shoe store). Very smart! All the tubs had advertisements for ZAPPO on the bottom telling you to buy shoes from them. Genius! Captive audience, very large audience, catchy humorous message, very relevant because everyone it taking their shoes off and thinking about shoes....Marketing Perfection!
I think there is another place that is under utilized with a large audience. Trucks. Big huge semi trucks with big flat area's to advertise. Some trucks advertise their companies. You have seen the McDonalds and other trucks advertising what they are carrying or their company name, but I think someone should capitalize on this advertising space and start selling it. It's like a billboard, but better. The amount of 'traffic' that this advertisement would receive is huge! Both on the road and sitting at a rest area, or parking lot. Someone needs to get on top of that and start making some money.
1 comment:
Hey Janice,
companies can actually advertise on your blog page, and you make money off of it...
It's under "add a gadget".
Post a Comment