Wednesday, November 19, 2008

and the 'Nay's' have it

Turns out that trying to burn a candle in your ear is not the brightest idea. Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll have to look for an 'Ear, Nose, and Throat guy if I run into hearing issues. (It's funny you never hear a kid say that. 'I want to be an Ear, Nose, and Throat Dr. when I grow up'. What is the official name for those Dr.s anyway?)

Did I mention yet that I really like my DVR? We accidentally got one when we signed up for Cable. (I'll see if I still like it once I get the bill). But it has been GREAT! While working on second shift I could tape my shows and watch them in the morning with really fast commercials. (Not commercial free because they are still there and you still see what they are advertising...If I were in advertising I would be putting some kind of special message that flashes on the screen when the thing is fast forwarded...that would be genius....then everyone would start talking about it and be trying to tape my comercial and watch it.)

I have decided that the result show on Dancing with the Stars is great with DVR. All you really want to see is the dancing and who gets kicked off at the end. I actually find myself fast forwarding when the guest singer is singing and hit play when the people start to dance. I fast forwarded today through R-E-S-P-E-C-T with Ms. Franklin singing....I felt kinda bad because she is such a big star, but I really just wanted to watch the dancing. (those of you who know me well are laughing that I called her Ms. Franklin...I can't spell Arithra? but I can spell 'respect' because it's in a song...the same way I can name all 50 states in alphabetical order buy I can't say them, I have to kinda sing them in my head....) My DVR is also great because I can tape shows and go to bed by 9 so I can get up at 5.
What a boring life I lead...work, sleep, DVR....Q-tip to dig out some wax....

6 comments:

Mike B. said...

"...because she is such a big star"
'Big' being the operative word there - wowza!

And I now blame you for putting "Fifty nifty United States..." into my head :)

Lisa said...

That's really cool you wrote that - because I do the exact same thing with Dancing with the Stars! In fact, I did the same show about two hours ago, then read your blog :) I felt bad going through her, too, and John Legend...but the dancing was good.

Kevin said...

since you asked

An otologist specializes in just the E (ear) part of ENT. They generally do a 1 year fellowship in only ear disease and surgery following a general ENT residency. A general ear, nose, throat doc is called an otolaryngologist or sometimes otorhinolaryngologist.

Kristy said...

Ear Nose Throat specialist
or Ear Note Throat if you say it too fast.
Actually you can just go to general practitioner for this. I even think the nurse did it to Dan, so I don't think you need a specialist.

Amy said...

Since you have a DVR now, you need to add "The Big Bang Theory" to your list. I've told Bob what a great show it is, but I remember that used to be Basketball night, so he never watched it. Monday's on CBS at 7:00. It's hilarious!! And the DVR is also great for the message that the producer leaves in his . . .what do that they call that thing at the end of the show. . . ?

Anyone for a game of rock, paper, scissors, lizard, spock?

Janice said...

Kevin, you so googled that answer!