Sunday, November 23, 2008

I was so right

I almost felt bad this morning. I received two more emails from Mark. (See yesterdays post for intro to situation)I read the first one and almost had to eat my words. Until I got to the bottom to see his request. Then I read the second email and it was an exact copy of the first except inserted 'Wine Rack' where you see 'Entertainment center' I wish I knew Chris from that NBC show where they get someone to come over to meet with the kid and then he comes out with the cameras and the cops arrest people. I replied to this guy that he had inquired about two of my items. If he had read those emails he would not have sent me two different emails about his honeymoon. I am tempted to ask how the island is and see if he really is there.

"Hello
I appreciate your response to my inquiry. Am interested in buying the entertainment centre alone from you. I would love to come and check it myself but I just got married and am presently on an honeymoon trip to Hawaii with my wife.I would love a surprise change of furniture in our home on our return.Pls do withdraw the advert from craigslists as i don't mind adding $50 for you to do that, so i can be rest assured that the item is held for me. I should believe it is in good condition as stated. I will be making the payment via a Certified Check, which my secretary will mail across to you. I'll be picking the item from you with the aid of my mover. My Mover will be coming to pick it from you once the Certified Check has been cashed. Pls I will need both your full name and physical address along with your phone number to issue out the
payment.

Thanks
Mark"

3 comments:

Mike B. said...

Wow, scary and slimy at the same time. Gotta be careful, i guess.

Anonymous said...

I've been using Craigslist to sell extra tickets for my dad for Nebraska games, and haven't run into any spam really so this is weird to me. Did you make sure you checked the "Not OK to contact about other offers" box?

Janice said...

I checked the 'don't send me stuff' box. Yet I still got this. People make me mad sometimes. I will still use Craig's list, just be extra careful and not get my hopes up when someone is asking me about stuff.