I wear earplugs about 50% of the day. I am at work close to 12 hour and have earplugs in while here. At first they really bothered me, but I am getting used to them. I am begining to wonder about my ears though....am I plugging them up and not letting wax out? I have heard about candle waxing your ears.....you put a string down in your ear and light a candle on the other end. Somehow the heat draws the dirt and wax out of your ear. (Or something like that). The picture on the box said 'Dont wax alone' becuase you could start a fire or hurt yourself.
Anyone done this before? Or know if it works or if its safe?
7 comments:
Janice- I've tried to find ear candles here in town.. No luck.. But my cousin swears by them..
Let me know how it goes.. You may have to send me some to try.
You can also go to your doctor and they squirt liquid something in your ear but it pops the wax out. you apparently can buy this stuff in the store too to squirt, but Im not sure i'd do it without seeing how its done before...
I have heard to stay away, this confirms:
http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/alternative/9907/16/ear.candles/
I have heard that all the "stuff" that comes out is actually from the candle burning and not anything coming out of your ear. Go see an Ear, Nose and Throat Dr. if you are worried about something being plugged up.
Earwax candles are very bad - they don't cure anything and they can lead to some serious problems.
DO NOT use earwax candles:
http://mike.shannonandmike.net/2006/06/10/earwax-candles-a-fraud/
My brother wears earplugs at work and often has to go to the doctor to have wax removed. I would suggest doing the same if you start to have a problem.
Wha, I can't hear you?
Post a Comment