Thursday, November 20, 2008

My husband lied to me

Last Saturday my husband lied to me. I was at work and he was flying back from Indianapolis. I called him on my first break and he said he just landed....I called him when I was driving home and he said he was in a town about 1.5 hours away. I got into my house, laid down my stuff, and one minute later the doorbell rang. I panicked because we don't really know anyone yet and I thought, 'who would be coming to our house?' I open the door and there he is holding flowers for me. (everyone together...'Ahhhh...' ) He was not 1.5 hours away. He caught an earlier flight and surprised me. I see them every morning and when I get home from work and they make me smile. (He is gone again this week and half of next)

Don't tell your kids, but sometimes stretching the truth is okay.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Ahhh...how sweet!

charrel said...

ahh! what a sweet husband! Way to get some extra points Bob! You deserve it Janice! You have been working a ton!