Friday, September 5, 2008

Sleepy Husband

Last night we were laying in bed asleep, and I hear a crash and splash of water. I sit up and say...

'What was that'

'I don't know, something fell in the bathroom'

'What was it?' I ask trying to think of what was in there that was holding water that might have fallen.

He stumbles out of the bed (literally because it's just a mattress on the floor) and heads toward the bathroom as I prepare for him to turn on the lights.....

As I am squinting from the light and dragging myself out of bed, I see him standing there looking.

'Huh...your bag fell in the toilet' he says calmly and continues to stand there and look at it. No movement at all to retrieve it, just pondering, while looking at my purple travel bag floating upside down in the bottom of the toilet.

This registers to me and I dive right in to try and keep as much as possible from soaking up water. I reach in and pull out the bag and go back in twice looking for the contents that had fallen out....eyeshadow, lipstick, floss, tweezers, mascara.

'Can't use that floss anymore' is the only response I get. I stop and look at him....it's not like he was afraid to put his hands in toilet water, or did not want to get wet, it just never crossed his mind that he should try to quickly get the stuff out of the water.

'Don't worry, I can get the rest of this....' I reply sarcastically as he stands in the corner watching.

'I was trying to figure out how it fell, I'm going back to bed'

I think he must have been sleepy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Alright...speaking of sleepy... a couple weeks ago I come into the bedroom in the morning to wake Janice up for work and she's in her usual, half awake/half asleep mode laying on the bed. Typically if she's out from under the covers she's just about ready to get up so I turn the light on. I am met with immediate booing, her exact words were "Booooo Bob, Boooooo." I immediately turned the lights back off and left the room...

Bob

Kevin said...

Yay Bob Yay.... Good Story!!!

Lisa said...

let's see if I can get this right...

ROTFLMAO!

Both great stories - and oddly easy to picture from the both of you! And just got your voicemail and comment on the blog - don't worry about my fam! is yours ok?

Stryder64 said...

Oh my gosh, am I going to miss you two! If ever I'm having a bad day at work, I'm just going to read your blog Janice. What a trip.
Bob....someday we gotta play golf together!

Mark Snider