Monday, September 22, 2008

Georgia-ism

I have decided that cotton fields look like harvested corn fields in winter. I drove by a field last week and it looked like there was a dusting of snow......it was my first cotton sighting. Pretty neat...it make me feel a little cooler thinking that it was snow.

Today on the radio they ran an add for a local company looking for workers. Now I have heard commercials stating that companies are hiring and that you should call their HR office for details. This add was very specific and repeated itself over and over. (It must have worked because here I am blogging about it giving them an even bigger audience to pull from, though they may not have many applicants from the Midwest). "If you are an 'Experienced Pecan Tree Shaker Machine Operator' you could start working right away. You must be experienced and be able to tell the difference between different types of Pecans by site, and have operated tree shaker machines before. Only Experience Pecan Tree Shaker Operators need apply. " They literally said this like 5 times and had music and voice effects when he said ' Pecan Tree Shaker Machine Operator'. It made me chuckle

No comments: