I got a bag of chips today that was slightly off register. (The graphics were off and the front of the bag was not centered to show the right stuff.)
Now....only 5% of the population would have noticed or even known what was wrong with this bag. And 95% of you reading this are not surprised that I would notice and comment on the manufacturing error!
It got me thinking about the way people view the same thing. I looked at this bag and thought.
"It should have been caught by quality and reworked. It never should have left the plant"
Someone else would think. "Hey cool, I got a weird bag". In the end it is still a bag of chips....they taste the same, but viewed so differently.
Kinda like that upside down postage stamp of the airplane. Isn't it work like $1,000's? (I'll have wikipedia that and find out). I wonder if the guy running the printing press got with his quality auditor and made a deal. They would print a few of the stamps, each keep some of them, then make $$ selling as a rare collectors item. Or it was the quality auditors first day on the job.
Either way.......my bag of chips made me think today......
1 comment:
I can completely relate to your observation daughter, Bob.
Post a Comment