Saturday, August 2, 2008

Tight spaces

Let me show you what we did this weekend.

Follow me as we go into our crawl space. Watch your head. Hmm...I don't see Bob. Maybe he's around the corner to our left......watch your step.....




There he is! Man that's a tight spot......



At least he is still smiling!! Dad- recognize that light? It was hanging in our attic in West Lafayette for years! It has come in very handy for all of our projects.

Okay....so you are all asking what Bob is doing crawling with the bugs? He was running wire up our wall to flush mount a wall socket that was requested by our buyers. The entire project only cost $11.48 but it was brave of Bob to get in this spot.
Here is the finished product.....


The buyers asked that we treat the basement for termites, so that will be done next week and we should still close on the 13th. I think I am actually going to miss this place.

5 comments:

charrel said...

Nice work! That does not look like fun! You guys have done a lot, but it looks great!

Lisa said...

wow - what labor for a tiny project!! and for the record - andy and I are impressed with your crawl space - but why did bob bring his sleeping bag in? boy, must've been a long project if he had to stay the night!!

Janice said...

The house is tri-level, so we can stand in part of our crawl space....We like that part. It's a little rough getting down the concrete block steps, but after your through that, it's a breeze. We've never had to go into the scary part until this weekend. I'll tell bob you saw his sleeping bag..

Kevin said...

if i remember correctly that lantern had a nice whole in the back of it from being melted.

Janice said...

You are correct! I forget how it happend, but there is a flat spot from when the bulb got too close to the edge of the plastic. I see it as an added feature. We get light from both sides now :)