A few random thoughts over the past few days from my packing adventures:
The movers were supposed to pack my stuff Monday and load it onto a truck on Tuesday...
Monday 8:00am - Me thinking ~There is only 3 of them....and they are guys.....they are going to pack my entire house in a day....what about my china....what about my underwear drawer ?~
Monday 9:30am - Packer 'It'll be a late night, but we'll have you packed and loaded today- no problem. By the way ma'am we don't recommend packing candles...I am going to lay all these on the desk here and we'll put all the non packable ones there.'
Monday 10:00am - Me thinking ~This is going okay, so far so good, they seem pretty nice and don't look like they are going to steal things like my co-worker had issues with~
Monday 10:28am - Me thinking ~why are there light bulbs laying on the ground over here?~
Monday 10:29am - Packer 'We take the bulbs out before we pack them, so you'll find bulbs laying around your house'
Monday 12:17pm - Me thinking ~why did they pack my half full bottle of Tide, but not my half full bottle of fabric softener that was right next to it?~
Monday 3:09pm - Me talking to packers in kitchen 'You don't have to worry about packing this food over in this cabinet. I'll be taking all of this over to my rental house' (Besides I thought, why would you put food in a storage warehouse for 3 months)
Monday 5:11pm looking at our driveway full of boxes and our house still full of stuff
- Me asking the packer 'Is this all going to fit? I don't think it's going to fit?'
- Packer 'Yes ma'am...it will be tight, but it will fit. The people before you in the truck went over by 4,000 lbs so it'll be a bit snug'
Monday 6:13pm - Me thinking ~what happened to all the candles?~
Monday 7:24pm - Me thinking ~ I know they are the experts...but it's not going to fit~
Monday 8:30 pm - Me thinking ~It's a good thing our house is by a street light... wait... Why are they putting a tarp around my already boxed up mattress?~
Monday 8:31pm - Packer 'There is a 4 foot section on the back of the truck, we'll tarp anything that does not fit and just strap it on the back of the truck'
Monday 8:57pm - Me walking into the driver packing my kitchen and reminding him that he does not need to worry about the cabinet on the left .
Driver "oh that's okay ma'am, I already got that...most of it should be okay"
Me thinking~ he packed the food? what was he thinking? there was a half open bag of pretzels with a chip clip in there, along with chocolate coated granola bars, and an open bag of flour and sugar. I am going to find rats in my box when I unpack it!!!!~
Monday 9:45pm - "Ma'am.....it's not going to fit. I am going to have to bring an overflow truck in here tomorrow and pack up the rest of the items. We'll load them into your garage for now, I'll be back in the morning"
Monday 10:02pm - Me thinking ~we have three twin mattresses in our garage...we only own one, and it is upstairs still...this is from the other peoples load....Janice....they know what they are doing....all of your stuff will some how make it to Georgia, even though it is on two trucks,and it has to be unloaded into a warehouse in Atlanta and then back onto a truck to go to Tifton, and someone elses stuff is in your garage...just go to bed and worry about it in two months when you are unpacking...by then you'll have your half full bottle of laundry detergent, melted candles, gooey chocolate bars, and rat nibble pretzels to worry about too........
2 comments:
Loved the last paragraph! Wish I could be there to help you unpack.
MOM
somehow it works out, right? I won't tell you when the movers packed my stuff to Florida...well, they lost my car for a couple weeks and I had to get a rental. Beyond that, all my stuff made it :)
just be glad you're not packing it! that's not fun.
Post a Comment