So, I am here in Tifton and it is HUMID...thanks to the south and to Fay. They got 9 inches of rain on Saturday and it is still coming down. I spent the day in a hot plant today and have decided to give up on trying to keep my hair straight. I have figured out that I can get decent curl in my hair if I go to sleep with a wet head and put some gel in it before hand. I usually only try this on the weekend in case it does not work. That way, I am not going anywhere in public so it's okay. I decided to try it tonight, but that means I have to buy 'product'.
I carried my bags on the airport so I only have 3 oz of fluid in my zip lock bag. And when at home I use the gel that my husband has. ( I think it was $1.99 LA looks or something....It was a huge bottle and it was cheap) Well, I went to Walgreen's and went down the Hairspray isle. I realized the last time i bought hairspray was when I was at Bradley. I am not a girly girl who goes to the salon and spends money on my hair. (I spent two years in a job where I wore a hair net and never had to do my hair.) Heck, I pay $12 to have my hair cut and don't have her dry it.
So, anyway, it was a battle for me to not gravitate to the items that were on sale or the generic. I went back and forth reading the labels and trying to ignore the practical side of me saying "Janice, you worked at a company that filled hairspray for a wide number of products and know that the only difference between many of these items are the perfumes, or the fact that a teaspoon of some odd extract is added into a 3,500 gallon tank just so it can say 'contains' on the label." I tried to be a regular consumer and read the description and let the commercials that I have seen pop into my head telling me which product was better. At the last min, I almost resorted to a buy one get one free. (I could have gotten both mouse and flexible hold hairspray from Dove for $4.99) But I stuck with my original Commercial induced impulse buy and went up to the check out counter. They rung up my items and the total came to $13.13.......hm....13 is unlucky....is that a sign I should have gone with the sale items? I guess we'll find out in the morning......
1 comment:
Heat...humidity...bad hair, those are exactly my experiences thus far with the south! Other things to look forward to: fire ants, other bugs, and everything being closed on Sundays.
Post a Comment