Thursday, August 28, 2008

'JOB FOR A DAY'

When in high school, a friend of mine decided that she was going to become president of the US and then make a clause in the constitution that I could have any job I wanted for a week at a time. I could go all over doing different things for a week, and then I would move on to the next one.

Yesterday I found a job I don't want to try.

'Gas Station Billboard Price Changer'

There was this guy on a ladder truck (Those trucks with the bucket on the end and the arm that reaches up) and he was up in the air by a sign changing the price of diesel. (a storm is coming so quick the cost of gas that is already refined, and already delivered, and already at the gas stations all of a sudden costs more!!!). This was not your ordinary billboard either....it was by an overpass, so it was supper high so you could see it from all angles from quite a distance. I was surprised that truck went that high. If you think of those Lego towers you used to build...just stack all the Lego's on top of each other to see how high you could get. Sooner or later you get too high and the thing breaks in the middle and falls.......That is what the arm on the bucket looked liked. I don't think I want to be that guy for a week.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Everytime i see someone getting a ticket i think if your wanting to be the Cop on Campus that puts chalk on the back of everyones tire for the 2 hour parking spots.

They had an opening in downey for a Parking Patroler. I thought of you.