Thursday, August 14, 2008

I'd like a drink please

This might surprise some of you...but I don't really know my way around a bar. I mean-how to not sound like a 21 year old ordering my first drink. (I had to call my mom from the liquor store when I tried to make a Bourbon Slush because I didn't know it was a type of Whisky.....)
Anyway....I was at a wedding this weekend for Bob's friend from high school Nick. (Nick was in our wedding - small blond guy standing up with Bob for those of you who were there) They had an open bar and I can't pass up bargain so I was going to get a drink. I am usually safe getting wine or a rum and coke. The only problem is I recently figured out that my migraines were caused by caffeine so I have cut that out of my diet completely. Therefore, no Rum and Coke and me looking like a 21 year old at the bar and not knowing what to drink. Luckily for me, my friend Lisa was there to help me out. (Lisa knows her way around the bar so she had a lot to teach me). I found out that I could order vodka and seven up with a lime and sound all sophisticated. (and Lisa tells me that this drink reminds her of Green Christmas lights because one year she bit one.....can't say I have ever tried that, but I can say that I know what they taste like if they taste like vodka and seven up with a lime twist....I wonder if the yellow lights taste like the lemon twist?)

Thanks Lisa! (sorry to share your story!)

So those of you wondering why Lisa was at Bob's friends wedding with me..here is the scoop.....Nick (Bob's friend) married Erin who happens to be Andy's friend (Lisa's new husband) ! What a small world! Nick almost made the trip to Key West and we would have run into them down there. I wonder if we could link to Kevin Bacon somehow?

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You're hilarious Janice. And green Christmas lights???...I just learned something new about my sister, amazing, but actually not suprising. Try a mojito sometime, if you haven't already!