This past weekend Bob and I sealed our driveway. I grew up with a concrete driveway so I never knew about sealing. If anyone ever moves and finds themselves with a asphalt drive, here is what I have learned over the past four years.
With asphalt, you have to seal it every year (Or at least you are supposed to). It's kinda like sanding and refinishing wood, but without the sanding, you just fill in the bumps and cracks and put a smooth coat over it.
You can use a liquid crack filler to fill the small cracks.
You can use a thicker filler that is more like black soupy gravel to fill the larger cracks.
After you fill in the cracks and let it dry, you take a big squeegee broom type thing and pour the gooey sealant on the drive way and then smooth it out. It's kinda like adding a new coat of thick paint. It really makes it look nicer and acts as a protective coating.
Anyway, while I was sealing there were ants running around the drive way. I started thinking that these ants only have a 2-D picture of whats going on....they see the ground and then the pool of gooey sealant I am trying to spread around. They walk around trying to find their way out, but all they see is goo in front of them, so they turn around and try another path. I, on the other hand have a view from the top and can see the big picture. If the ant would only go the way I try to persuade him (AKA push with a leaf), them he would not get stuck in the goo. I think that's how God looks at us sometimes. He has the big pictures and knows where we should go, be we humans, in our infinite wisdom, think we know what's best and run head first in the direction we want to go...then we turn around and try something else......How frustrating for Him to watch us do this over and over again. On the other hand, how comforting to know that He sees the big picture and is watching out for us. If only we would learn not to fight that leaf that is pursuading us in a certian direction.......
2 comments:
Well said -
Mom
i know this is beside the point.
but Gma's and Gpa's house thing that was in the court had a sealed garage..... i think.
but ya. stilll, i'm just as clueless to you as the sealent.
Post a Comment