Thursday, December 10, 2009

Have you seen it?

I find myself tearing up at things a bit more than normal....not full out crying, just the tears starting to gather in my eyes.

We have been debating about putting up the Christmas tree. (By we I mean 'I'). I figured if I put it up, i won't take it down until February because I'll be so busy. Bob mentioned last night that we should put it up because we'll want a picture with him by the tree for his first Christmas...even if he comes afterwards. I got to thinking that it would make a good picture so maybe I should lug everything out and put the thing up. It's not one of those nice pre-lit three piece trees. All the branches are color coded and have to be put in place. Then string the lights too. It's an all day event...

Well I was watching my DVR'd Glee this morning (Love that show!) And a commercial came on with a mom holding a baby by the tree. The Dad comes down and she says in a hushed voice. "What are you doing up? It's 2:00". And the dad crouches down by the tree and says "You know what else" Then I don't really remember exactly what happens, but he opens a box with Diamond earrings and says something sentimental, then she is up and hugging him and he asks "Do you think he'll remember this Christmas?" and she replies "No, but I will" and the sappy music starts about how every kiss begins with K. (I think it was a Kays commercial)

So....right about when she said 'it's only 2:00' the tears start to form in my eye and I think.... I am going to put the tree up....and I didn't even ask Santa for diamond earrings, why am I crying.

So there you have it.....Even though it was 75 degrees yesterday and 50 today....I am getting in the holiday spirit and putting up a tree. All for a great Photo op. and to spread some Christmas cheer.

2 comments:

charrel said...

I can't wait to see your little cutie by your pretty Christmas tree! :) It will be here soon! :)

Lisa said...

Aww you're so sweet! And I remember tearing up a lot more, too :)