Monday, March 9, 2009

Things I don't understand

1. Valet keys. They key I have for Bob's car is the valet key. That means it does not open the trunk. (Very frustrating when you have your hand full of groceries, it's raining, and you need to put them away...but that's not why I am writing). All I had to do was open the driver door and pull the trunk release. It hits me, that is the same thing a valet can do. So the Valet key does not keep the guy in the red vest from getting into your trunk....it just makes you feel special because you have a valet key.

4 comments:

Mike B. said...

Isn't there a little lock next to the trunk pull that you can turn to disable it? For some reason in my mind I can see one next to the trunk pull in my car... or maybe in the glove box?

Kevin said...

i was going to say the same thing. you should be able to put the regular key in somewhere and lock it so they can't get into the trunk.

Janice said...

I don't have andy buttons in teh glove box..the trunk release is on the floor by my gas tank release....I need to open the manual and see....I'll keep you updated.

Amy said...

My valet lock button is on my console. And why do you have to use the valet key? Didn't you get 2 keys with the car? Bob just doesn't trust anyone!