Sunday, March 22, 2009

Counting Eggs

I went to breakfast today with some friends in Indianapolis. When the waitress came to the table, this was our conversation:

Me - 'I would like the 'two egg' plate scrambled'

Waitress - 'Our egg plates are actualy two egg plates, the 1 egg plate comes with 2 eggs, the 2 egg plate comes with 4 eggs'

Me - (in my head) 'Why on earth do you write it on the menu that way? Is that normal? Why be cryptic about it? Why not call it what it is? How many times do you have to explain that to people? This is very odd'

Me - (out loud) 'Well, I'll have the one egg plate then, scrambled'

1 comment:

Kerri said...

There is a place in Danville that does that too.. I don't get it..
Do they think it makes you feel good that you might be getting something free?