Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration 'Stuff'

So, I DVR'd the 9 hours of press coverage today and have been fast forwarding through it watching parts. Here are some of my random thoughts.

1. Pressures of a good gift. Mrs. Obama gave Mrs. Bush a gift when she arrived at the White House. About 2 min later Katie Couric announced that they had word on what the gift was. Imagine that....Mrs. Obama had to pick out a gift and know that the News was going to announce that to the world what you got her. Talk about pressure for picking a good gift.

2. Shhh...It's a secret. Well, not so much. If I were the secret service trying to keep people safe I think it would be easier to take an 'undisclosed' route. Not the case today. The news actually shows a diagram with exact roads, entrances to buildings, what offices, what hallways, what doors the President and president elect will be walking through. Which room they will wait in before walking out the capital. It is down to the detail and very historic. It's done the same every time. Bush sits on the right seat of car (passenger side) Obama sits on the left side (Drivers side) of the car. You know everyones exact move. Security nightmare!

3. Obama gets to keep his Blackberry. Hmm...how are they going to keep all his emails confidential with the 0's and 1's flying through space??

4. I know it's cold, but when a bunch of Judges walk out and they all look so sophisticated, the one wearing Ear cuffs kinda ruins the judicial sophistication. (Ear cuffs are those things that snap onto your ears without the band that goes over your head)

5. The people who are writing those banners across the bottom need some creativity.
'Sonars detect object the size of jet engine on the bottom of the Hudson River'. I wonder what it could be?

1 comment:

Amy said...

I DVR'd it, too. But the CBS coverage was only 7 hours. I think I got screwed!