Monday, January 26, 2009

fraud

Below is the most recent email correspondence I have had with a Craigs lister wanting to buy our weight set.

1st Email:

Any price reduction with detail of it's condition and why you want
to sell it.

Raphel.

My 1st Response:

I actually have someone coming to buy this on Thursday. If they are a no show, I'll let you know. It doesnt fit in our new house. We used it a lot before we moved, but the upstairs room has tilted ceiling walls and you can't lift the weight bar too high without scratching the wall. That's why we are getting rid of it.

2nd Email from Raphel:

Thanks for the prompt response, I really do appreciate your sweet email, I will love to make an instant purchase please do withdraw the advert from Craigslist.I don't mind adding an extra $50 dollars for you to take the advert down from criagslist so that i can be rest assured that am in hand of the item.I will also like you to know that i will be paying with certified check,and i will wait for the check clear before sending my shipper to come for the pick up,You don't need to bother your self with the shipment OK,I will take care of that cause buying and selling is what i do for living.So I will need you to provide me with the following information to facilitate the mailing of the check such as:
1.Your full name.
2.Your mailing address including zip code.
3.Your phone number.

Once again ,I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping.I will have my mover come over as soon as you have cashed the check.

Thanks
Raphel.

My 2nd Response:

What moving company do you use? I know someone and could get you a really good deal. The only trouble will be that they only accept payment by livestock. (Cattle, goats, chicken, etc. ) I can send him your information but will need you to send me the following.
1. Your full name
2. Address of where to deliver the weight bench
3. Type of animal used for payment

I have yet to hear back from Raphel......

3 comments:

charrel said...

You are very creative and funny Janice. Great job catching the crazy ones!

Anonymous said...

I hope it's a dog.

Michelle Shorter said...

Ha ha! This made me laugh, thanks Janice:)