My brother-in-law once described to me and my husband that he is an implicationless man. And actually all men are implicationless. They don't go around implying things - they say what they want.
For example. If my sister says:
"What's the thermostat set at?"
She actually is saying
"I am cold, please bring me a sweater"
If you are a woman, you know you do this...You'll say things and you think you are being direct about what you want, but if you actually stop and think about what you say, it's not very direct. Your statements require interpretation.
Case in point:
We are at the Gator bowl and my husband wants some popcorn (and of course a drink). He orders a tub of popcorn and a diet coke. (That was $10 - but I won't go into a rant about how they rip you off!! That's another blog) As we walk away, I am holding the drink and take a sip and say
'I don't know why you like diet Coke'
'You don't like it?'
'No - I hate the way diet drinks taste'
'After 5 years of marriage, I didn't know you didn't like Diet Coke'
It was then that I realized I must have been pretty bad at my implying. I don't drink caffeinated drinks very often, I don't order 'meals' when I go to fast food resturants, I just get the sandwich and take a few sips of my husbands drink. Well, he has always gotten diet drinks because that is what he was used to at his house. Every time he does it, I guess in my head I was saying,
'why do you get diet...it's not like you have to watch your weight...it tastes bad, and even though I am not drinking it, I would like to have a sip of regular drink when I do sip your drink, you should get a regular drink because that's what I like'
When Actually I was saying
'Is this Diet?'
After 5 years.....he realized what I was implying.
I love him:)
2 comments:
Ahhhh, how sweet!
I don't know why Bob drinks diet either!
he drinks it because he is in training for American Gladiators!
Post a Comment