Monday, January 12, 2009

Closet update

When we first moved in I posted about my amazing deal on closet organizers. We are just about done putting them all up. We finished the two guest room closets. here is a picture of one.



We are working on our master closet now. I realized this week that the only rooms in our house that we have painted and cleaned up...have been the closets. Most people would have painted the main rooms, but not us.....we have torn down three closets, plastered and patched, sanded, and painted three closets in our house so far.

Lessons learned: If you buy a new house, take a really close look at the walls and realize that you are going to want to paint them, even if you like the color. There will be scuff marks from furniture moving, nail holes in places you don't want pictures, spots where someone tried to match a paint color and did a really bad job by getting flat instead of eggshell. If you have the time to do it, have someone paint it before you move in all the furniture and your belongings.

2 comments:

Annabel's Mom said...

your closets and the rest of your house pics look great! I'm really jealous of your new furniture... we will get some if and when we ever move... I can't wait!

Lisa said...

I love your closet!! I am so jealous and showing this picture to Andy. We've had two closets destroyed previously with water damage. I want a closet organizer like that for them when we finish drywalling!