Thursday, January 5, 2012

Birthday present!

I am more excited than Austin is about one of his birthday presents from Grandma and Grandpa.   He got a light table!!    For those of you not sure what that is....stay tuned and I'll be posting more about the fun activities we are doing around our house.  But first, here is my very handy Husband building a case to put over the light table to help protect it from little hands and the messy stuff we are planning to do with it!

I was recently introduced to a blog playathomemom3.blogspot.com  and found awesome things to do....most of what you see here, I found on their site so check them out! 


This is the light table!

We bought plexiglass at Lowes and had it cut to about 2 inches larger than the light table on each side.

Found some trim that was a right angle and we used as an edge to drop the plexiglass into. (It needs to be removable because I am sure ill need to be wiping it off and cleaning it)

Trusty old miter mix

Predrilling holes with a jig for the frame. (Good thing Jennifer talked me into advanced woodworking in Highschool!)

Frame complete, just need to add edging on top.

Dont forget a hole for the cord!

predrilling the edging to be nailed on top of frame

Setting nails so plexiglass lays flat on wood.  (Such a handy guy with tools!)

Quick coat of sealant to keep wood looking nice and easy to clean off.

And here is Austin sprinkling baking soda into vinegar and watching it bubble.

Lets put in more dad!

When he gets up from nap time, I found some blue stones to play with that hopefully he'll like.  Then when I get glitter I have another fun activity.   Did I mention I think I like this more than Austin will? 

Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have fun Janice and Bob...oh and you too, Austin! :)