Friday, January 13, 2012

More Fun with Lights - Birthday gel and Smush Bag

Here are two activities we did recently with the light table. 

The window Gel clings work really well.  I found a birthday cake pattern at walmart on Clearance.   He enjoyed pulling them off and using some colored Gems as well.   It looks more like water, but you can see the candle sticks and flames if you look closely.



WE also made a smush bag.  (Again, got the idea off playathomemom3.blogspot.com)


We used a baggie, Hair Gel, Glitter, and Food coloring.

Squeeze hair gel into the bag. You're supposed to use clear, but I had the pink so we used that.  Austin enjoyed squeezing the bottle!

Then I added food coloring

And next we used Glitter. (Side note....this is the same glitter that Austin unscrewed the cap on and dumped all over the kitchen floor the day before when I was cooking dinner.  Good things he's cute!)

He was so speedy at unscrewing that cap!

Once everything is in the bag, you close it and start smushing.  (I then taped the top closed with duct tape to be extra sure it didn't leak, also want to make sure you use a strong bag, there will be a lot of rubbing on the plastic and this one ended up tearing so i had to resqueeze all the 'smush' into a heavy duty freezer bag)


And of course everything is more fun on the light table!   ( The lady on the blog said she used this for older kids to practice their writing skills. )

Lets add some colored Gems too! 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good MOM!