My husband has a a green thumb and really wanted a garden. We did not know where to dig the garden at the new house, so we decided to plant some veggies in tubs - peppers, carrots, onions. And he planted a watermelon seed too. We have about 5 melons growing right now and decided to try one early to make sure they were growing alright. Someone told us that in China they have square watermelon - they are easier to stack. They put the little melon in a box to restrict it's growth. I'll let you know if I come home to boxes in our backyard.
I am trying to get back in the swing of things with my blog. Or should I say something creative that involves a hop?
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Things that he grows
Recently we have been able to enjoy some of the fruits of Bob's labor.
My husband has a a green thumb and really wanted a garden. We did not know where to dig the garden at the new house, so we decided to plant some veggies in tubs - peppers, carrots, onions. And he planted a watermelon seed too. We have about 5 melons growing right now and decided to try one early to make sure they were growing alright. Someone told us that in China they have square watermelon - they are easier to stack. They put the little melon in a box to restrict it's growth. I'll let you know if I come home to boxes in our backyard.


My husband has a a green thumb and really wanted a garden. We did not know where to dig the garden at the new house, so we decided to plant some veggies in tubs - peppers, carrots, onions. And he planted a watermelon seed too. We have about 5 melons growing right now and decided to try one early to make sure they were growing alright. Someone told us that in China they have square watermelon - they are easier to stack. They put the little melon in a box to restrict it's growth. I'll let you know if I come home to boxes in our backyard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Rock looks like Bugs Bunny :)
Silly Rabbit! Tricks are for Kids!
Looks yummy! I love summer and fresh fruit and veggies!
No offense, but I don't care what Bob is growing.... I want to see what YOU are growing! Where are the belly pics?????
Post a Comment