Thursday, July 9, 2009

Food

I have been struggling with food this week. I have been working on second shift, not sleeping well, and when I wake up, all I want to do is sit and watch TV. Nothing ever sounded good to eat except animal crackers.

Well, yesterday, I woke up around 9:30am (after my third trip to pee for the night) and decided that I would feel better if I just ate something. So I made scrambled eggs. A good healthy protein to start my day off with. Well, to quote my husband...'Baby didn't like the eggs'. Yep, my first official upchuck of the pregnancy...at 14 weeks! I thought this was supposed to be ending.

Side bar: As an adult, I don't get sick often. In fact I can remember the last two things I ate before I got sick. Taco Bell for lunch 5 years ago (Food poisoning), and sloppy Joe casserole(Ended up being a virus) about 3 years ago. And to date, eggs. Needless to say, I think I have only had Taco Bell about 2 times in those past 5 years, and never made the sloppy joe casserole again. Now I have to figure out what to do about eggs.

One of the things that I have been able to eat are the new wings from Wendy's. I have had all three (BBQ, Buffalo, and Asian Zing). Asian Zing is my favorite. In fact, I had them last night with a side of chili. Then guess what I made today? In the 90 degree weather we have been having the past month, I decided to make Chili. I found a recipe for Wendy's Chili and am eating it now as I type. Yum.

Did I mention that I also bought pickles when I was at the store?
Am I pregnant or what?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling good. LeAnn never got morning sickness, but also never had too many cravings. She demanded Blizzards on occasion, but that is not all that unusual

Kevin said...

the last time i got sick to the point of upchucking was that christmas everyone got the flu when i was like in Grade school or something.

i'm pretty sure had food poisoning once a couple of years ago. But, ya. that's the last time I heaved.

I could definitely never be anorexic. I hate throwing up!

Kerri said...

Maybe if you mix the pickles with the eggs baby would like them.

Lisa said...

Ooh, sorry to hear baby doesn't like eggs. You should be at the end of that phase... although be aware it can come back in the 3rd trimester. Actually, everything pretty much comes back with a vengeance in the 3rd.

charrel said...

Janice I hope you start to feel better soon! Can't wait to see pictures of your baby bump when it comes out. :)

Amy said...

The only time I have ever enjoyed eating pork and beans is when I was pregnant with Katie. And they were AWESOME!! I never liked them before, and I haven't eaten them since. In fact, Dana made them recently and the smell it made in the house made me want to throw up.

Isn't pregnancy wonderful?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am having egg issues as well, the smell is just not good!
-April