Friday, June 26, 2009

Spokes Model

I have been watching a lot more TV during the day because I am working on second shift this week. It got me thinking about some things when some of these commercials pop up.

Garnier
Are we really supposed to believe that Sarah Jessica Parker uses a wrinkle cream that you can buy at CVS? I am not convinced that her flawless skin comes from a $6bottle off the shelf. I can't help but wonder if I walked in to her bathroom at home, would she really have this stuff on the counter. I am sure she is pampered like all the other celebrities and uses much more expensive skin care and spa treatments.

Hair color?
Along the same line, am I to believe that Sarah and Eva Longoria had a sleep over last Saturday and they colored their hair with a product out of a box? Come on---you know they pay hundreds of dollars to have it done in a salon where they drink champagne and have to tip the front desk, the person who washed your hair, the person who cut your hair, the colorist, and the one who blow dries it.


Weight Loss-Nutrisystem
This one makes me mad. They choose that blond chick who used to be on the Football shows doing the weather (I don't know her name, sorry) They show her in a picture with a moo moo on and pregnant. The brown dress is huge on her and you can not even see her body underneath the dress. Then they show her after she had a baby and not in a moo moo burlap bag. Of course she looks better...you can see her waist. Uhgg...
The other interesting choice was Marie Osmond. She lost 45 lbs, but was also on Dancing with the stars during that time frame and was practicing 6 hours a day. I think that may have contributed to some of her weight loss. But I will admit that eating right helped as well, so this one is not that bad.

No comments: