Anyway.....Bob and I were watching TV tonight and flipped on Modern Marvels. It was all about energy saving things. Now, I have been doing my part to be green. I have the reusable bags and I remember to take them about 75% of the time when I go shopping. We have two recycle bins: one for cardboard stuff and the other for glass, plastics, and cans. I think it's been three weeks since we remembered to take the trash out of the garage and put it by the street...but that's fine since our trash has decreased dramatically.
One thing I have wanted to try, but was not brave enough was to have a compost pile. My husband has a green thumb and grows things all the time. I figured once we got settled and had a garden here, I would try a compost pile outside. Well...I don't have to wait anymore!!! I think we may actually buy this.

It's called Nature Mill. It sits in your kitchen, can handle up to 80lbs of waste a month and is smell free.(i know those of you have real ones are laughing at me, but don't burst my bubble) I could upgrade to the next model that can survive in the outdoors. As I was reading i saw that it can handle pet waste. It hit me......When I finally break down and get a dog for Bob, he can put the poop in our compost pile and we can have lots of good soil for our plants. I told him....When YOU pick up the poop from YOUR dog, YOU can put the poop in the compost thing outside! How cool. This is the closest I have been to being excited about a dog....Pretty sad, I know.
8 comments:
Welcome back!
well if you need to you can buy one for gibson until you get guts to get your own dog. :)
So you're (or Bob is) going to pick up the poop from outside and carry into the house just to compost it? You are a better person than me.
BTW, your recipes were fantastic - have I told you that? But we did eat meatball hoagies for a week straight.
If you found this online can you provide a link to the composter directly? I have always wanted to compost (so much "good" waste ending up in landfill).
I think this may be the only reason I ever get a dog...Don't ruin it for me Lisa!
Mike,
Naturemill.com They have a few different types ranging from $200 - $300. Target sells a red one....it would take me forever to figure out the direct link thing..
Lisa, I would buy the upgraded one that you can leave outside in snow and rain to put the poop in...would not come into my house!!
Kristy, you can put cat litter in them! every two weeks good soil drops out the bottom.
Jan,
You shouldn't even utter the words "when I finally break down..." You are giving these boys a glimpse of hope for a dog.
I think Bob should build you one. That will make it special.
http://www.stopwaste.org/home/index.asp?page=445
Post a Comment