Thursday, April 19, 2012

Magnets are cool

One of the toys I have been really wanting to get for Austin is Magnets.   When Uncle Chuck was here, we went to a school supply store and scored this set!  (Well, the magnets and disk were in the set, the tray and containers were in my cabinet of goodies)


I put it in front of him and let him go to town.  Here he is unscrewing the container to find out whats inside.


Look these marbles stick to the wand.


I put metal marbles, metal disks, paperclips, and gem stones in the containers so he can discover what will 'stick' to the magnet and what would not.   Of course, he enjoyed just dumping all the 'stuff' out on the tray.


We practiced sorting and put all the items back into their container, then got the wand out started playing more.


If i drag the wand up the outside of the bottle, the marble floats up too.


All in all, I love the magnet wands, and I think he does too.

1 comment:

Sue Hancock said...

Okay...you know me by now, Janice..."worrisome woman". Stay with him and watch him when playing with magnets. Swallowing magnets can kill. We all expect them to know better...but one never knows!