Saturday, September 17, 2011

Timing is EVERYTHING

I am trying to get back in the swing of things here in the new house.   We had a very busy last two weeks.  We had both grandmas come visit to help unpack the house last week.  Then Austin and I headed to Tifton for a short trip to see some friends and attend a women's dinner at our old church.   It was SO good to see old friends and catch up.  I just want to remind everyone that the house right next to ours is for rent, and the one across the street is for Sale....if anyone is looking to relocate to the Columbus area.  

In the mean time I'll leave you with two of my favorite pictures from last Sunday when Mom and I ran to Walmart for a quick trip to pick up a storage basket for the kitchen cabinets. 


Papers around her are $1.50 on Sunday....a big increase from my $0.75 that I was used to in Tifton.  My sister in law showed me a store in Chicago where she got them for $1 and I have been on the look out here now that I am in a 'big town'.   I happened to be looking at the paper stand in walmart and found this on the very bottom rack.   SCORE!!! 


And this pile of candles, candle stands, room spray, bubble guns, and other yummy smelling things was the best haul I have ever had.  It was all about timing.  I happened to be running to find my mom somewhere in the store after standing in line at the return register. (Like I said it was a quick trip and so we spread out through the store to accomplish things faster)  I speed walk past three carts where a lady is hanging a sign on them that says 'Wow, everything in buggy 25 cents'  (down here they call a cart a buggy)
So....of course I stop and start looking in the carts.  I pick up a few square candles and the silver tray while others deal seekers start heading my way.   I scoop up as many as I can hold, then go to find mom feeling pretty good.   We finish our shopping and head back up front and what do we see?  That lady is bringing out a fresh buggy filled with even more goodies.   So....everything you see on that table I paid $7 for!  One Blue candle crock rang up as $7 so i got everything else free!!  Pretty fantastic timing on our part!

2 comments:

Richard said...

Picture make the candles look small. The diffuser has 3 bottles of oil and about 20 reeds....a great 25 cent buy. MOM

Meghan said...

Seriously i love that they call the carts buggys and I am glad you found papers for $1! We can't wait to see you in a month!!!!!