Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Guess what time it is???

I have a problem....I admit it...more of an addiction than a problem. To the average joe, I look like a normal person who has her head on straight, knows where she is going in life, and generally well rounded. (In more than one way at the moment...Janice joke!) Anyway....My problem only comes around once a year. Which I realize is odd because the item I am addicted to is available year round, but it is freshest during Fall and Halloween. Anyone guessed yet?

CANDY CORN!!!!
The standard yellow, orange, and white decadent Halloween treat. Not the stuff with the Brown on the bottom, and they really need to be Brachs.

Yep, It's that time of year again. I have been known to eat an entire bag in one day. (And that was before I was eating for two!) I don't know what it is...the consistency of the pieces in my mouth, the taste, the sugar rush....all of the above. I will eat until I feel sick and think, Oh...put the bag away. But 5 min later I find myself with my hand in the bag for 'just a few more'. And don't get me started on the Pumpkins! Those are more dangerous because each one is like two or three corn pieces....I just get sick faster.

The past two years, my husband has been helping me with the addiction. Don't laugh...but here's what we do, and so far it's worked. We buy a bag and as soon as we get home, he rations them for me. He'll put a days worth in little containers for the week. Then hides the bag. I actually don't go looking for the bag (at least not yet) and I only eat one container a day. So far this year, I actually forgot about it and skipped a day!

I am excited because we started early this year, so that means I get to buy more than one bag!! And he was very generous on the portion sizes of his rationing. don't tell him, but the containers we used last year were smaller and in a different drawer so he didnt see them. He used bigger containers this year :)

6 comments:

dan said...

So does this mean you are addicted to vitamin cc like I am addicted to vitamin m?

Amy said...

I love candy corn! And my favorite spring-time treat is Peeps!!!

charrel said...

Janice- You are too funny! I love the pumpkins too! They are good. Hey if that is your worst addition, I say you are o.k. :)

Anonymous said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Does 'Baby" like???

Bob said...

Achilles is going to come out with an all white head, orange body and yellow feet...How are you going to explain that to the doctor?

Lisa said...

Ha, this is hilarious. I love that your husband is helping your addiction. BTW, thank you for the baby outfits - they are adorable!