I found my next job. I am going to work at my Dr.s office and fix their scheduling system. Uhg.....
I had an 8:15 appointment this morning (First one of the day!) I figured that would help get me in and out faster. I had been going around lunch time to avoid missing so much work. Unfortunately, I was not called back into the office until 8:35.
That means they are already running 20 min behind schedule, yet i was the first one there? To me, that = problem.
I sat in the exam room for a good 20 min before the nurse came into see me. Again, I am her first patient of the day. I was called back 20 min late and then had to wait another 20 min meaning a total of 40 min after my scheduled appointment. Was I a surprise? Did they not know I would be there around 8:15?
Then...I wait again for the Dr. He comes in around 9:50. Yikes. For about 15 min worth of face time, I spent 2 hours at their office. Now, I understand that some waiting will be involved. I generally expect a Dr. visit to take about one hour. 15 min face time and 45 min waiting. I don't think that is too much to ask. I also understand that unexpected things come up, especially for an OB (like delivering a baby) that will cause them to run behind. But I also feel that there are ways to schedule efficiently so that it does not happen everyday.
Now most people, complain to complain...I will do one step better and give you some hints on how to address these problems in my next post. For now, my lunch time is over. And the little guy inside me is moving around a lot so either he likes doritos, or I am working him up too by stressing about this.
1 comment:
You should talk to Andy about this!
Post a Comment