Sunday, October 26, 2008

Morning Gas

For the past two weeks (at least I think that is how long it has been...all the days are running together for me right now), my highlight in the morning has been driving by the gas station and seeing what the huge lighted sign says a gallon of gas costs. (insert your laugh here)

When Bob and I left IL I commented that the price of gas kept falling, I threw out a stretch goal saying...."do you think it'll drop to the $2.50's?, I think we may actually see that sometime". I only half belived it.

We have been riding to work together and every morning at 5:45 when we drive by the sign, I get excited and announce the new number. (It has been dropping at least 3 cents each day). Then, when we drive home that night around 6:30...sometimes it has changed again. We did it...two days ago I was able to say $2.58!!!!!


Oh..how the simple things in life right now are exciting to me.

I am going to second shift next week.....for possibly 3 weeks. I am never going to see my husband :( and I have to drive myself to work now. I am going to train a new crew and try to get some more units out so we can stop working 10 hour shifts 7 days a week.


I'll be taking a nap today after work and staying up late to get ready for staying up until 2am on Monday....I may have to start drinking caffeine again......

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gas is down to 2.39 here in Peoria yesterday. My parents filled up for 2.09 in Des Moines yesterday on the way back from Nebraska. Hope Georgia is treating you guys well.

charrel said...

Janice,
I do the same thing. I get excited when it drops. It dropped in the time we went to the gym to play today and came back. I like it when it goes down but just hope it doesn't jump way back up! HOpe all is well there!

Anonymous said...

The highlight of my drive is a wild Ram. He may not be wild, but he is a ram. I drive by this field everyday and there are typically cattle there, but the other day I had this random ram sighting. I have no idea why you would want a ram on your farm, but they do. Life is simple...

Annabel's Mom said...

Janice - GA sounds like it is no good... you should come back. Gas is cheaper here. I filled up for $2.18 the other day.

Anonymous said...

Janice - does Bob need his eyes checked or is he really seeing a ram??!! I think he's trying to come up with something to top your stories! Keep it up Bob!!
Miss you guys...:(

Leisa said...

hey- heard about the 2nd shift- way to take one for the team! Now you kinda know what it's like to be a Heatcraft widow... or is bob the widower... etiher way!

ps- have i mentioned how glad i am that you guys are here?!

Annabel's Mom said...

Janice - I saw gas for $2.08 today and thought of you... we may just see $2.00 soon!

Kevin said...

for some reason i can't comment on the earlier post, but i can see the platforms where they are digging for the Oil, and i pass by where they make the gas. You'd think it was cheaper here. but NO. where still just slightly above 3.00

freakin hippies.

Lisa said...

Hey did you disable comments? Because I can't figure out how to comment anymore on your posts!