They have all these classes to teach you about what to expect when you have a baby, and how to care for them in the first few weeks. They teach you things like...
How to give them a bath
How to feed them
How to hold and support their head
What they need to start doing is having a class that teaches you how to do other things that you don't really think of until you have to do them. For instance....
How to change a 30 inch tall, squirmy child when there is no changing table, you are by yourself, and there is no room on the counter. (You would practice sitting on the toilet, balancing the child on your legs and trying really hard not to get poop on your jeans or drop him.)
How to order food at a fast food counter and carry your child, diaper bag, and a tray with food to the table - while not allowing said child to grab a hold of a fry or tip your drink over. (You learn to order it 'to go' so it comes in a sack...and get really excited when the restaurant has the highchair on wheels so you can just wheel them around with you)
How to pee in a public restroom while holding your child becuase you did not bring the stroller in the restraunt. (I'll let you fill in the details on that one)
Locating that perfect parking space so you can nurse your child without giving the shoppers at the local Piggly Wiggly a show.
These are just a few of the skills that I was able to practice while Austin and I were out on a trip today.
Oh the joys of motherhood....Good thing he's cute :)
3 comments:
Wait until you have 2 kids! OR 3!!! Love Gma L
I agree Janice. They need to have a class on raising a toddler and all of the tips that makes it easier and how to deal with the stresses. :) Austin is adorable!!!
You hit the nail on the head! My first "um, what now?" moment like that was when I had to use the restroom with no stroller or carrier...and I asked a friend what she did, and she said, "Oh, I don't really go the bathroom anymore when I'm with the kids." ?!?!?!
Post a Comment